Saturday, September 25, 2010

Something Pretty Tasty

I never thought I liked cauliflower...then I tried this:

Cauliflower Pasta
1 Head Cauliflower (chunk and rinse)
1 large can of crushed tomatoes
1 pod Garlic (about 8 cloves)
1 bunch fresh basil (or flakes if you don't have fresh)
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup water
salt and pepper to taste

Put all in pot. Put at medium high and let it boil. Simmer for 45 minutes with the lid propped open. Stir every so often. Use a masher to break up the cauliflower into little pieces.
Prepare 1 lb of pasta.
(I find the sauce will stretch for more than 1 lb of pasta)

This is one of those recipes you can prepare and just let it cook for a while. The longer the better in my opinion. In order to get the kids to eat it without asking me what that "white stuff" in there is, I put the sauce in the blender after it's done and they have no idea they are eating cauliflower. It's awesome. I love this stuff and it's sooooo easy.

-Kath

No comments:

Post a Comment